Open for Business!
Although the streets are a little quieter, and the hustle and bustle have settled a little bit, Savannah is open for business and we are missing our visitors!
As of May 1st, Georgia has been open for business under suggested guidelines for social distancing and safety per the CDC. Safety is still the number one priority with businesses reopening. Many bars and restaurants are open, maxing out serviced at 25%-50% capacity. Downtown shopping is open and masks are highly encouraged/required for certain stores. Tybee Island is open with social distancing guidelines of being 6 feet apart on the beaches and suggestions of avoiding large crowds. I have been able to get out of my house a little bit the past couple of days to run some errands and I have put together a list of some Savannah go-to’s that are open and ready to see you!
- The Vault is a renovated local banking institution that turned industrially chic eatery. The Vault is located in the Starland District and one of my favorite places to go for some yummy eats with an awesome dining atmosphere. It’s COVID hours are Sunday-Thursday 5:00pm-9:00pm and Friday-Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Fox & Fig is a plant-based café nestled on Troup Square. They have an all-day “brunch-centric” menu, full espresso bar, and pastry case with the best goodies! Due to COVID, they are open for delivery and takeout daily 11:00 am- 8:00 pm.
- Flying Monk Noodle Bar is a great option right on Broughton Street for various Asian soup, noodles, and rice dishes! They are open from 11:00 am-10:00 pm on weekdays and 12 pm-10:30 on weekends and also open for to-go orders!
- Tequila’s Town is one of my favorite Mexican restaurants in Downtown located off of Whitaker Street. They are open from 11:00 am-9:00 pm daily with full call-in and online take out services as well as carry-out directly to your car. Limited dining room seating.
- Foxy Loxy is a local staple serving coffee, all sorts of baked goodies, and tex-mex cantina. Due to COVID, they are only open for take-out and delivery Monday to Saturday 8:00 am-6:00 pm and Sunday 8:00 am-4:00 pm
- Coffee Fox is a sister store of Foxy Loxy located on Broughton Street. Even though they are sister stores, no two are exactly alike so it’s always worth it to check out the whole Fox Chain in Savannah. Open 9:00am-3:00pm Monday-Sunday.
- Tybean Art & Coffee is located on Highway 80 east and is essential if you’re headed out to soak up the sun on Tybee Island! The walk-up window has been installed with social distancing being enforced. They are open from 8 am-noon daily!
- Yaupon Teahouse isn’t technically a coffee shop but they sell delicious brewed tea and kombucha on tap! They are open for take-out and curbside pickup from Monday-Friday 10:00 am - 2:00 pm. You can also find them at the Forsyth Park farmers market on Saturdays!
Things to do
The hustle and bustle that Downtown Savannah normally offers have significantly died down, but that doesn’t mean the city can’t be enjoyed still!
- Trolley Tours are still open with limited seating and additional cleaning and safety procedures in place due to COVID.
- Forsyth Park is the perfect place to bring your takeout food order to enjoy a picnic in the perfect Savannah spring weather! Social distancing guidelines are encouraged between parties. The Forsyth Farmers’ Market is still open on Saturdays from 9:00 am-1:00 pm!
- Tybee Island is open for beach use still following the social distancing guidelines from the CDC.
- Take a stroll through downtown or River Street on foot under the Spanish Moss trees and do some exploring of your own! You never know what you’ll stumble upon in this beautiful, historic town!
For more information about Savannah and COVID-19 related issues like business hours, closures and more check out https://www.visitsavannah.com